Monday, September 14, 2009

ok, here goes.. this is my first post... after several of my friends suggested i start a blog, i thought they were crazy. me? funny. i do talk alot, but a blog? that is for the hoydeetoats and people that can spell. people who uses big words that semi rednecks like me do not understand without a dictionary. well, i thought about it.. and to be honest with you, the only reason i decided to do it was the text limit on my facebook status. some days, i just have alot to say about certain things and it hurts my brain to try and shorten it. pretty simple......
ok, i must first say, to anyone who reads this... sorry if i offend you, and when you read something that i have ill mannerly said about a client, just remember it is NEVER YOU.. i have often got comments on statusussessssssss of the past asking or hoping it wasn't them i was talking about. if it was perhaps you, i would never tell you. i would always say it was someone else. so, in that case, just ALWAYS assume it is another crazy client. ok, next... i talk about my kids ALOT. if you don't like kids, stay off my site. i don't want to be near you or around you, so stay away from me all together as well. everyone thinks THEIR kids are funny. i have a very sweet, very mischievous 3 1/2 year old that does crazy funny things. (to me of course) sometimes i like to share them. usually, it is only funny to the parent of the child that says them. i get this. so please overlook the things i might post about him and the insane things he does... also, i have a 8 month old that i adore, and aside from the fact that he has reflux and pukes every five minutes, he usually does sweet things only.. ok, last but first... i am a christian person that very much could not make it without God in my life. i am not ashamed and never will be about that. i am so thankful everyday that i have a savior and friend in Jesus Christ. i have just as much trouble with living right and trying to do right as the next person.. i fail and i get back up. just because i love to laugh and cut up does not mean i have forgotten about my salvation. laughter is the best medicine the bible says. remember this if you judge me.... it's all in fun and not to be taken that seriously.

so, there you go... my starting blog.
i do however have a little something before i go... i had thought that i might not post anything real meaty the first time, but l had a thought the other day about something and it just came to me as potential blog content. so, for the main reason being that i will probably forget it by the time i blog again, i will share now. would you believe it is about hair?

just a few tips for you if you have a hair stylist. things that your hair stylist will never tell you......
first off, DON'T come in after working out with the back of your head soaked in sweat and ask me to foil you... i don't wanna stick my hand up in your nasty sweaty head anymore than you do mine. it is gross and it makes me want to cuss. i have had many clients bop in like this over the years and i have talked to many other hairdressers that love to gripe about this also... the common thing i hear is "i was just coming here, i knew it wouldn't matter" well, it does matter. that's like saying.... i'm a nobody... i don't expect your hair to look like you are going out for a night downtown or anything, or even combed... just clean, sweat and debris free, without a months worth of hairspray buildup on it. they make shampoo for that. it's call clarifying shampoo, and no, not the suave brand. this won't take off crap from a monkeys butt. get some good products people! i know money is tight, but if you wanna bring me a picture of a superstar and want what she has, then you are gonna have to pull a few more bucks outta your rear end. if you wanna look like Janis goblin, i mean janis Joplin.... then keep on with the dollar general pert you are using. FYI... this really cheap money saving brand can actually be scraped off with the sharp edge of my sissors. you can actually see the build up of it with your own eyes. ask me to show you. i will be glad to. ok. last and not least, clean your ears. we can see right down to the canal when we are doing your hair. i don't care if you have wax buildup there as long as it's not on your hair, but i think you would feel much better if you thought i didn't see it...
well, i am sure i will be adding to this list as i think of the many more things i have thought of over the years on this subject and discussed with my fellow stylist friends... remember, these are only things to help you have the best possible relationship with your hairstylist.
have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Lisa... I love it!
    check mine out
    www.thegliesfamily-janna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I have to say I have NEVER gone to get my hair done all sweaty. That is freaking NASTY!!

    Great job Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete